General Discussions
Why Did You Quit?

Hello! I'm a HR exec, and I'm curious what are the reasons people leave their company. Many websites say the main reason is due to a bad manager. Is this true?

Last time I quit my job was simply because I was offered a better pay at another company.

How about you? Why did you quit?

Hello! I'm a HR exec, and I'm curious what are the reasons people leave their company. Many websites say the main reason is due to a bad manager. Is this true? Last time I quit my job was simply because I was offered a better pay at another company. How about you? Why did you quit?

Many websites say the main reason is due to a bad manager. Is this true?

TL;DR. Bad manager, quit job for better opportunities.

Apparently, this is very true. From personal experience, I had worked with a manager that kept making my life difficult at work. She would always throw curve balls at me and the team. She even did this once which made me kinda disrespect her for it. She made a mistake (it's a printing mistake and it affects the costing of the company/project) but she somehow blamed it on me and another colleague for it.

Another time was when she gotten the CEO to speak to me on how I was the worst performing person in the team. She was sitting in as well. So the CEO was telling me that I am not performing up to par, I could've had the potential to be promoted from junior to senior but because I didn't perform, I couldn't. All of that really baffled me so I showed screenshots of the sales numbers comparing the same sale from the previous year. After that, no one could say a word back to me.

End of the story, I quit for greener pastures and doing much better now. Hopefully I will find another job to help me perform at my full potential.

> Many websites say the main reason is due to a bad manager. Is this true? TL;DR. Bad manager, quit job for better opportunities. Apparently, this is very true. From personal experience, I had worked with a manager that kept making my life difficult at work. She would always throw curve balls at me and the team. She even did this once which made me kinda disrespect her for it. She made a mistake (it's a printing mistake and it affects the costing of the company/project) but she somehow blamed it on me and another colleague for it. Another time was when she gotten the CEO to speak to me on how I was the worst performing person in the team. She was sitting in as well. So the CEO was telling me that I am not performing up to par, I could've had the potential to be promoted from junior to senior but because I didn't perform, I couldn't. All of that really baffled me so I showed screenshots of the sales numbers comparing the same sale from the previous year. After that, no one could say a word back to me. End of the story, I quit for greener pastures and doing much better now. Hopefully I will find another job to help me perform at my full potential.

Last time I quit because follow my manager to another company. I really respect this manager and I know wherever she goes I also can find success. She really inspire loyalty in her team members.

Last time I quit because follow my manager to another company. I really respect this manager and I know wherever she goes I also can find success. She really inspire loyalty in her team members.

Hi, the reason I'm resigned because I'm changing to another field.

Hi, the reason I'm resigned because I'm changing to another field.
live preview
enter atleast 30 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft