Accounting
How do you ask for a raise instead of the bonus you’re given at the end of the year?

I have been working at a company as an accountant for a year plus now but there are no mentions about a pay raise and it is really getting on my nerves. They do give bonuses but it is not enough. It is possible to ask it straight up from my boss or HR? Is there even a way to make it sound professional but yet straight forward?

I have been working at a company as an accountant for a year plus now but there are no mentions about a pay raise and it is really getting on my nerves. They do give bonuses but it is not enough. It is possible to ask it straight up from my boss or HR? Is there even a way to make it sound professional but yet straight forward?

yes, just ask. company can't read your mind. be prepared with counteroffer, like if they can't give you a raise then what else can you ask for in lieu? maybe more annual leave? negotiate it.

yes, just ask. company can't read your mind. be prepared with counteroffer, like if they can't give you a raise then what else can you ask for in lieu? maybe more annual leave? negotiate it.
live preview
enter atleast 30 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft